Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Challenge (for me anyway).

This is a challenge I've had put before me by one of the pastors at our church.  I'm dealing with some issues I'd rather not discuss here yet (if ever), but I've been discussing them with Pastor Bryan and he's challenged me to spend more time reading God's word.  If you're not a follower of Christ, that's cool.  I'm not trying to cram my beliefs down your throat, but there will be posts about what I'm reading and learning from the Word.   This is about working on improving myself and deepening my understanding of the Bible.

Here is the daily Bible reading plan suggested to me by Bryan:

Psalms-read 5 a day.  Follow the calendar if you want (like if you started today, read Psalms 24) and add 30 after reading the first one.  So today's Psalms reading could be Psalms 24, 54, 84, 114 and 134).

Proverbs-read one a day and follow the calendar, if you want.  So today's would be Proverbs 24.

One chapter from the Old Testament and one chapter from the New Testament.  The suggestion here was to start with Genesis or Isaiah from the OT, and John from the NT.

If you want to read along with me, let me know.  I'll be posting about what I'm reading, along with other stuff.

Thanks for reading (if you're reading).  :)

Be well and be blessed.

WW


No comments:

Post a Comment